Listen to… use your brand in a growth strategy, stop copying content and learn about product led growth…
A new era
Product led growth is is the new buzzword for building and marketing software. Probably because it’s worked well for companies like Slack and Dropbox.
But what is it?
This episode from Rocketship.fm is a good overview and should give you ideas for your own product.
- Product led growth is a go to market strategy that relies on the product itself as the primary driver of customer acquisition, conversion, and expansion.
- It’s a new era for software that’s called the end user era. Because it’s the end users driving the demand and not the people in IT or procurement who would traditionally make the decisions.
- Marketing and sales doesn’t go away. They both look different in a product led company but the functions are still needed to get in front of end users.
The Copycat Content Crisis
Ever noticed that the top 10 search results in google all kinda look the same?
There’s a reason for that and if your content strategy is to rank in search, you’re part of the problem.
The team from Animalz discuss the issue of copycat content in their latest episode.
- SEO agencies / SEO strategies try to use a scientific way to achieve a goal. It’s not about creating unique content, it’s about analyzing what already ranks and emulating that. The process is backward looking.
- The tools on the market bias you towards tried and tested techniques (eg Brian Dean’s skyscraper). That’s ok until everyone is doing the same thing and trying to outdo each other. It trashes the reading experience in pursuit of the search result.
- “For people to care about you and what you do, you have to raise your hand and say we’re a little bit different from what else is out there.”
Can Podcasting Help Your Business Grow?
25 podcast hosts discuss the benefits of podcasting and how they measure their results.
Featured companies include: Reboot, Earnworthy, CoSchedule, Buffer, Leadpages, Foundersuite and more.
Marketing consultant and podcast host, Benjamin Shapiro talks to Dennis Brown on the Growth Experts podcast.
They talk about Ben’s experience in helping growth stage startups connect their brand goals with their prospects’ needs, and choose the right marketing channels.
- Whatever business you’re in, leverage existing assets (eg network) before you start creating content or paying for traffic
- Figure out what you’re trying to achieve, what your customers want and where they’re looking before deciding on the marketing channel(s)
- It takes time and resource to cultivate a marketing channel. Don’t expect to jump straight in and get a return. Test and optimize.