Startup Remix is now Podboxer
Startup Remix is relaunching as Podboxer and we’re gonna start hitting the 2 emails per week with podcast recommendations. I’ve had some great feedback on the service and it’s time to put down other projects and focus on this.
I won’t bore you with an in depth discussion on the reasons for the name change, but the old one never really worked for me. Podboxer feels right (you get a sense for my excellent branding skills in that sentence 😂)
If you have any thoughts or need help with your own branding, hit reply.
Today, get started marketing on Quora, use copy to authentically connect with your audience and get personal with video in email.
Enhance your marketing with Quora
With the saturation and poor organic reach on the main social networks, using another platform seems like a good idea.
Have you looked at Quora?
Chances are, you’ve seen their answers to questions high up in the Google search results. But how do you use Quora to boost your own organic marketing efforts?
On this episode of Social Media Marketing podcast, Michael Stelzner interviews JD Prater, Quora’s Chief Evangelist (yep, a real title).
They cover how Quora works, how you can use it to establish thought leadership, drive your content marketing and reach potential customers.
- On Quora you can reach and influence people at the point they are making a decision / evaluating a product. People are on Quora to have questions answered so more demand driven and less passive compared to other social networks (although I find myself occasionally mindlessly scrolling reading answers to obscure questions).
- Establishing “thought leadership” is relatively simple in theory – provide the best possible answer to questions in your market. In practice, being first or second to answer a question with a best answer will almost guarantee you rank at the top.
- Repurpose content from your blog and link back to your articles to boost your content marketing efforts.
Using copy to connect with customers
Writing authentic copy
Doug Morneau sits down with copywriter, Joe Pomeroy to talk, not surprisingly, about copywriting 😄
Joe’s background is in building start ups and using his skills to create solid connections with an audience and customer base.
Authenticity is key in winning raving fans who want to buy from you again and again…
- If you’re copywriter is external to the business they should be spending 90% of their time in research to get your voice
- If you’re not a good copywriter, hire externally – focus on what you’re good at and let an expert get the copy connecting. Of course, Joe would say that as a copywriter!
- Test, test, test. Test everything.
Drop a video into your email outreach
With overflowing inboxes and the huge number of marketing tools making cold outreach easy to do, it’s getting harder to stand out in email.
One solution is BombBomb. It’s a platform that makes it super simple to embed video into your emails adding a personal touch to your prospects. Or your customers. Or your colleagues.
Donald Kelly talks to Ethan Beute from BombBomb about what the company is doing and how other businesses can use video in email to get results.
- In cold outreach, adding the video gives the message a human touch. You can see the person who sent the email which is far more powerful than reading plain text.
- If you’re better at talking than writing, it makes sense to express yourself with a video instead of struggling to put it into words.
- There’s a novelty factor that will increase responses (for now – wait for markers to ruin it)