James Schramko interviews Sue Rice, an expert marketer and copywriter, about what’s working in email marketing. And how to stand out.
- Email is not a promotion vehicle only - educate and use stories that people are already interested in and connect to their pain points
- Remember you’re talking to human beings - it’s not a “list”
- Lean into their world, don’t make them lean into yours.
- Use the material that’s around you to create stories. Not a lot of people are doing it so you can stand out
- Talk to one person in your email
- Write stories down as you come across them. Doesn’t have to be yours. Borrow other people’s stories.
- Don’t think people always want to get to the point - they want stories.
- On subject lines, there has to be some curiosity. But it also has to be like the way you talk